Fire And Security Engineer
Due to expansion our client is looking to recruit a new fire and security engineer to assist in Servicing, installation & maintenance of electronic fire alarm systems, intruder, CCTV and access control systems, as well as maintenance of emergency lighting in accordance with the current standards.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Installation, servicing and maintaining various intruder alarm systems, (RSI Galaxy, Texecom)
- Installation, servicing and maintaining various CCTV systems, both analogue and IP, (Bosch, Honeywell, Milestone)
- Installation, servicing and maintaining various access control system, (Paxton, Gallagher)
- Installation, servicing and maintaining various fire alarm systems, (Haes, Morley, Gent, Advanced, EMS, Kentech)
- Fault finding and rectification of systems.
- Demonstrate systems for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Commission/ Handover of installed systems
- Be part of an On Call Rota for out of hours callouts and telephone support.
- Installation of both conventional and analogue addressable fire alarm systems to a high standard of workmanship.
- Work within our BAFE and SSAIB requirements.
- Understanding the clients’ needs and maintaining customer satisfaction
- The post holder will ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with company policy
- To assist with the protection of sensitive customer information.
- Work within operational schools, hospitals and local authority buildings.
Requirements for the job
- Good communication skills
- Good fault finding skills
- A proven background and experience of working within fire and security engineering
- Network/IP based product experience
- Experience of undertaking service and repair work
- Experience of conventional and addressable fire systems across a range of manufacturers equipment
- Good installation practices
- Full understanding of BS5839
- Understanding of current security regulations
- Knowledge of systems listed desirable
- Full driving license essential.
- Electrical knowledge would also be an advantage.
- The candidate will be DBS checked and screened to BS7858:2012.
- Works Van
- Mobile phone
- 24 days holiday + birthday off